From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only does the Optimism network improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, the profits generated from doing so are donated to Ethereum public goods. This ethos is also core to the identity of OP Labs: the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
OP Labs is seeking an enthusiastic Developer Advocate to join our Developer Relations team. As a Developer Advocate you will play a crucial role in nurturing developer relationships, providing technical guidance, and advocating for developer needs within the Optimism ecosystem, including developers for OP Mainnet and the OP Stack. You will work closely Product, Engineering, Dev Support, and Marketing to ensure devs have the resources they need to succeed, while also contributing valuable insights to shape our products and services. If you're a technically savvy advocate with a passion for fostering developer success and building meaningful relationships, we’d love to meet you.
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor to developers, assisting them in understanding and effectively using OP Labs' products.
- Collaborate with other DevRel team members to create and execute developer-focused initiatives, such as hackathons, meetups, and discussion groups.
- Actively engage with the developer community through online forums, social media, and events, addressing questions, sharing insights, and facilitating discussions.
- Create and deliver technical content, including blog posts, webinars, workshops, and documentation, to empower developers with the knowledge needed to achieve their goals.
- Systematically surface developer feedback to product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to influence product improvements and resolve underlying support issues.
- Maintain relationships with key developers, influencers, and advocates in the Optimism ecosystem, fostering a strong and engaged developer community.
- Identify and nourish new developer communities forming on Optimism, such as onchain gaming, decentralized social, and OP Stack devs.
- 3+ years of experience in developer relations, technical advocacy, or a related role, with a focus on technical content creation and engagement with developers.
- Strong technical background with a solid understanding of web3 software development, blockchain platforms, and related domains. This role will regularly involve writing code.
- Proven experience in creating technical content, such as tutorials, documentation, and code samples, that resonates with developers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Active engagement in the web3 developer community, with an understanding of developer needs and challenges.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm for technology and a genuine passion for supporting and empowering developers.
- Optimism about the future of the open internet.
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.