From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem; Optimism's network improves Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation. We believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
OP Labs is looking to bring on an experienced FP&A Analyst. As an FP&A Analyst, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to provide valuable financial insights, define key metrics, and contribute to the growth of our organization. Your analytical skills will be crucial in guiding our financial decision-making processes, and your ability to transform data into actionable strategies will be instrumental in our success.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Collaborate with the finance, operations, and executive teams to answer critical financial questions and establish key financial metrics
- Drive the long-term financial growth of the company through data analysis, financial modeling, and strategic financial planning
- Utilize data analysis to understand financial trends, assess budget adherence, and influence strategic financial decisions
- Identify opportunities for financial growth, prioritize initiatives, and develop comprehensive financial strategies to maximize long-term profitability
- Create and maintain insightful financial dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Effectively communicate financial results and recommendations to key decision-makers, including the executive team
What skills do you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (MBA or CFA preferred but not required)
- 3+ years of experience in financial analysis and planning
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis, including the ability to extract actionable insights from complex financial datasets
- Strong financial modeling skills and experience in performing exploratory financial analysis independently
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles; experience in financial forecasting and budgeting
- Proficiency in data querying and analysis using tools such as Excel, SQL, or other data analytics software
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.