About the Optimism Collective and Optimism Unlimited
The Optimism Collective leads the blockchain protocol landscape, dedicated to fostering a scalable and sustainable ecosystem. Optimism’s ethos, in sync with Ethereum's vision, tackles pivotal coordination challenges of the digital age. Optimism’s goal is to harmonize private incentives with public good, shaping a resilient future for the Internet. Optimism’s scope spans diverse areas like Gaming, DeFi, NFTs, and Enterprise.
Optimism Unlimited is a subsidiary of the Optimism Foundation that focuses on supporting the growth, adoption, and governance of the Optimism Collective.
The Communications team helps drive awareness for the Optimism Collective. As the Communications Manager, you’ll lead the development and execution of our external communications plan. This role will distill highly technical concepts into engaging storylines for a variety of audiences, and scale Optimism’s media relations program. The Communications Manager will be equal parts project manager, strategist, and creator. This role reports to the Head of Communications, and partners with teams across the Optimism Collective to elevate narratives and highlight the innovative projects being built in the ecosystem.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Develop and execute external communications strategies that positions the Optimism Collective as the ecosystem for builders and highlights the ambitious work the team is driving.
- Shift the media relations program from opportunistic and reactive to strategic, narrative driven, and proactive.
- Own PR agency management and coordination, and serve as the liaison between our agency partners and Optimism leadership, subject matter experts, and storytellers.
- With support from Head of Comms, own strategic comms planning for major initiatives from concept through execution, including communications deliverables for GTM launches and key initiatives.
- In partnership with Marketing and with support from the PR agency, identify, vet, and track speaking opportunities for leadership and subject matter experts.
- Lead marketing campaigns, from conception to execution, leveraging diverse channels to maximize product visibility and adoption.
- Stay current with industry trends and competitive dynamics, integrating these insights into communications strategies and campaigns.
What skills do you bring?
- Experience managing communications programs at developer-first brands, and a passion for learning new technologies and understanding what engages and interests our community is critical.
- Strong grasp of blockchain technology, decentralized communities, and DAOs, with the ability to communicate these concepts effectively.
- Ability to distill complex concepts into engaging communications campaigns that resonate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience managing agency and vendor relationships, including identifying and holding partners accountable to success metrics.
- Organized and detail oriented, able to adapt and respond quickly to shifting priorities while maintaining a high bar of quality.
- Exceptional communication, writing, and collaboration skills, essential for working with cross-functional teams and diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage comprehensive communications campaigns from start to finish.
What you'll like about us:
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.