Data Engineering Lead
Primitive is the creator of the open source Replicating Market Maker (“RMM”) protocol, an oracle-free solution to scalable and efficient on-chain derivatives. These magical financial instruments are implemented in a suite of software products, most notably the Primitive Interface.
As Primitive’s first dedicated data engineer, you will be responsible for the architecture and development of data infrastructure which will normalize and warehouse real-time financial data from multiple exchange venues. This work is essential for providing actionable insights to our team and users.
What you'll do
- Develop, extend, and maintain a variety of services that query, transform, and serve real time financial data.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across departments on requirements and technical specifications.
- Build a team to assist in the continuous support, improvement, and development of Primitive data services.
- Exhibit values of clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- Experience with the architecture and maintenance of real-time data processing systems.
- 5+ years experience constructing data processing systems in popular cloud computing platforms (AWS/GCP/etc…).
- Experience with data warehouse design.
- Proven leadership and the ability to support and lead a growing data team.
What will make you stand out
- Familiarity with ETL/ELT tools (Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, GCC, AWS Step Functions, etc…).
- Experience processing financial data.
Primitive’s benefits include unlimited paid time off and sick leave, 3 weeks mandatory paid time off, 100% company-paid medical, dental, & vision for you and your dependents, 401k matching, daily meals at our new NYC headquarters, and a home office equipment stipend.